Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Organic Vegetable Gardens

Vegetables all along the views of my Home! 

I dont know if many of you know that I started an organic vegetable garden in my backyard this year! 

New year, new beginnings…I was skeptical about all the chemicals and the genetically engineered vegetables being sold at stores, not to mention the sky-rocketing prices.

I currently have artichokes, heirloom tomatoes (my favorite), peppers, beets, lettuce, blueberries and strawberries.

I use all the vegetables I grow in all the dishes I eat and prepare for my guests at my dinner parties! 

It is not hard to set up an organic vegetable garden, I sectioned off a part of my yard with special plastic netting to ward off the bugs..

Here's a photo of my garden, what do you think?

Tomato Plants! 

If you have any questions or are interested in starting your own garden, please dont hesitate to ask me! 

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy... Very nice! What kind of tomatoes are you growing? All I have are a few tomatoes and peppers... Most of my garden is flowers, but I've grown a bunch of different tomatoes in the past... Enjoy, and watch out for bugs... That's the part that can make it sometimes difficult to grow organically... Good job, though... I'm growing those little cukes :-)

    ReplyDelete